The PhD programme offered is a research degree designed to create advanced knowledge in specific areas of research. The research component allows students to apply and extend the knowledge gained throughout their studies by understanding and applying the research process. This program provides a unique opportunity for students to gain specialized entrepreneurship knowledge through research. Research students are guided by the faculty members who are the experts in related and dedicated to research work. Carrying the status as the only university in Malaysia and probably in the world that specializes in entrepreneurship, Faculty of Entrepreneurship and Business manages to attract students from across the globe to join the faculty’s unique research community.
Click here for a list of FKP specialties if you are looking for a field and with potential supervisors.
More Information please visit Centre for Postgraduate studies
Aim of the Programme
The aim of the programme are as the followings:
1. to produce competent graduates with high knowledge and skills ability in their own expertise
2. to develop research competency and expertise
3. to produce a professional with ethical attitudes among graduates
At the end of the program of study, graduates should be able to:
1. synthesize knowledge and contribute to natural research that extends the boundaries of knowledge in the field of expertise;
2. adapt practical skills leads to innovative ideas to provide exposure in the areas of expertise;
3. produce and publish original publication in the field of expertise for the benefit of the community and industry;
4. conduct independent research with legal compliance, ethical and professional practice code;
5. demonstrate leadership qualities through effective communication and collaboration among researchers and stakeholders;
6. address critical problems critically by using scientific information management skills; and
7. integrate information for lifelong learning.
Application must be made using the prescribe Application Form that can be downloaded from the website for Free (Research Form) . Alternatively, the form can also be obtained from CPS for RM10.00 or USD5.00. All application must be accompanied with RM50.00 or USD20.00 processing fee payable by a bank draft / check / money order to Universiti Malaysia Kelantan or by cash to the UMK Bursar.
The duly completed application form together with all the required documents should be submitted to:
Centre for Postgraduate Studies
Universiti Malaysia Kelantan
Pengkalan Chepa Campus
Locked Bag 36
16100 Kota Bharu